Robert Petrarca, Co-Founder and COO of Maxine’s Heavenly, was recently invited to participate on #LunchBreakLIVE with Jane Velez Mitchell. Jane, a well-known advocate for animals and a vegan lifestyle, is inviting vegan chefs onto her channel all month long in preparation for VegFestLA at the end of April. (We hope to see you there!)
We decided to take this opportunity to showcase the flexibility of our treats, by creating both a breakfast and a dessert using Maxine’s Heavenly cookies. Because of our super clean ingredients, you can eat our cookies any time during the day and not feel guilty. Watch the video and check out the recipes for our Cookie Granola and Heavenly Ice Cream Sandwiches below!
Breakfast to Dessert with Cookies
"From Breakfast to Dessert" Robert Petrarca, Co-Founder of Maxine's Heavenly, shows us several ways to use their delicious cookies in two different recipes using their cookies. #LunchBreakLIVE #JaneUnChained VegFest Los Angeles Get the recipes here: http://bit.ly/2ob5Sr5Posted by Jane Velez-Mitchell on Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- 7 Maxine’s Heavenly cookies (flavor of your choice)
- 2 Tbsp organic coconut oil (heat until liquified)
- 1/2 fresh chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
For breakfast, we suggest using our Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin cookies to make your granola. For ice cream sandwiches, we recommend using our Chocolate Chocolate Chip cookies and subbing in coconut flakes instead of pecans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Crumble cookies into a bowl (use your hands, anything else might pulverize it)
- Pour coconut oil into the crumbled cookies while stirring to fully incorporate
- Fold in pecans
- Fold in hemp seeds
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and spread out cookie mixture creating a thin layer
- Bake for 10 min, then take out and flip the granola over and bake for 5 min more
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for another 5 to 10 minutes – it will continue to crisp up
And that’s it! Eat with blueberries and a super clean Almond milk, like Malk, add it to your oatmeal or yogurt, or use it on ice cream sandwiches (recipe below). Want cookies for dessert too? We’ve got you covered:
Heavenly Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 Maxine’s Heavenly cookie singles
- 1/2 scoop of vegan ice cream of your choice
- 1/8 cup Cookie Granola
- Slice the cookie in half and place a scoop of your favorite vegan ice cream on to the cookie and gently press down
- Take some of the Crispy Cookie Granola and sprinkle around the perimeter of the ice cream sandwich.
Super duper easy and crazy good. This recipe is great to make ahead of time at a party.
Big thanks to Lisa Karlan from Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine who did the filming, Jane Velez-Mitchell for inviting us, and @thatsnarkyvegangirl, Donna, for the beautiful pictures!