Shamrock shakes are delicious, but not vegan. Keebler Grasshopper cookies and Girl Scouts Thin Mint cookies - also delicious, but not vegan or gluten free.
Don't worry, we've got the perfect green recipe for your St. Patrick's Day party, or when you're just craving some mint chocolate (which is every day for us).
We've used our soft-baked Mint Chocolate Chunk cookies to make Shamrock Cookie Sandwiches!
- ¼ cup softened vegan butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar (sifted)*
- ⅛ tsp peppermint extract
- ½ tsp spirulina powder (optional but festive)
- 1 box of Maxine’s Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Fresh mint for garnish.
Powdered sugar works best to get the mintiest green look, however, you can substitute in powdered coconut sugar as a more natural option.
- To a small mixing bowl add softened vegan butter. With an electric mixer, beat on medium/high to whip it up.
- Next add the sifted powdered sugar and beat again until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Add peppermint extract and spirulina powder (if using). Mix until the green is fully mixed in.
- Place about one tablespoon of frosting on the bottom of a Maxine’s Mint Chocolate Chunk Cookie and sandwich it with another one. If you love mint, you can also place a fresh mint leaf in between the frosting and the cookie!