The National Sales Manager position will drive the next phase of growth for Maxine’s Heavenly. With a specific emphasis on increasing sales revenue, this individual will focus on growing distribution and velocities for the Maxine’s Heavenly brand. The person in this role must be comfortable working in a high-growth and dynamic environment that requires adaptability, creative thinking, and the enjoyment of opportunistic challenges. This role will work directly with the Sr. Director of National Sales and may, at times, report to the CEO on key metrics and initiatives outlined as growth priorities.
The National Sales Manager will execute sales strategies to surpass growth and profitability targets. This position is responsible for delivering top line revenue objectives, while simultaneously managing a trade budget/promotional plan with a clear understanding on cost management decision making. The right candidate will have had experience in a leadership sales role in a previous food and/or beverage business, preferably in Natural Foods. This person will have expertise in broker management, distributor relationships, sales strategy, trade spend management, and retail execution. A strong preference will be given to candidates with east coast natural/specialty/conventional sales experience.
The National Sales Manager will have the following primary responsibilities:
Sales Execution & Retail Strategy
The National Sales Manager will assist in delivering all quarterly and annual sales targets set by the Sr. Director of National Sales. They will focus on executing specific strategies in order to meet and/or exceed expected KPI’s. It will be the National Sales Managers responsibility to ensure that the organization is continuing to execute at a retail level with the support of our existing Broker & Distributor partnerships. This includes the management of a very large network of customers & key account managers.
Developing Sales Pipelines
The National Sales Manager should be excited to get their hands dirty when necessary and should find fulfillment in building extensive networks and relationships throughout the industry. A key priority for the National Sales Manager will be to develop new sales pipelines and partnership opportunities with Retailers, Buyers, and Distributors. It will be the National Sales Manager’s responsibility to network effectively within the industry in order to continually find new ways to drive revenue growth. The ideal candidate will come to the table with a strong initial book of critical industry contacts.
Make The Sale!
The National Sales Manager will be expected not just to manage, but to sell, leveraging their own industry relationships to keep the organization on a “high growth” trajectory. The National Sales Manager will be responsible for building impactful selling stories, leveraging trade/pricing strategy, and using their interpersonal/presentation skills to “CLOSE THE DEAL”. Developing new and existing relationships will be critical to the growth of the organization.
Systems Management & Analysis
The National Sales Manager will oversee the operations of the sales system, and therefore will be expected to manage sales forecasts & trade spends. It will be critical that this individual has the analytical skills necessary to interpret data, find sales opportunities, and execute accordingly. It will be the National Sales Manager’s job to manage large sales reports, data systems, and insights.
With strong performance, there is plenty of opportunity for vertical growth within the organization as a future leader of the Maxine’s Heavenly Sales organization. This individual should have the grit and desire to one day be a Sales Leader within the organization
• 3+ years of experience working in a sales position in food & beverage, preferably in Natural Foods and preferably on the Eastern Coast of the US.
• Direct experience working with Key National Retailers (ie Whole Foods, Walmart, Sprouts, Target, etc.)
• Direct experience managing Broker relationshipsDirect experience managing Distribution Partners (UNFI/KeHe experience is a must)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, and DriveWorking knowledge of Data systems (Crisp, IRI, Nielsen, SPINs, etc.)
• Strong comfort analyzing and interpreting sales data and spreadsheets, especially as a means of driving revenue and growth
• Ability to travel at least 60% of the time (Tradeshows, Customer Meetings, Distributor Meetings, etc.)
• This position will require the ability to walk, sit, stand, talk, lift up to 20 lbs, use a computer and related software on a daily basis.
Remote – (Must be able to work Pacific Standard Time Hours)
• High-level communication skills with the ability to elicit trust and confidence
• Willingness to listen, adapt, and grow
• Ability to see opportunity in challengeValues-driven individual
• Knows when to delegate and when to jump in the trenchesResilient, inspired, thrives in growth.
• Desire to become a Sales Leader in the organization
• Strong collaborator
• “All-in,” failure-is-not-an-option attitude