Looking for something sweet for your sweety on Valentine's Day? We've got you covered! This Chocolate Berry Pudding Parfait is vegan, gluten free, sweetened with natural sugars, and delicious.
CHOCOLATE BERRY PUDDING PARFAIT
First we start by making the pudding:
INGREDIENTS FOR PUDDING:
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2.5 Tbsp cornstarch (arrowroot works too, it’s just slightly stickier)
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 ⅔ cup almond milk (or other dairy free milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp dairy free butter (optional but suggested)
INGREDIENTS FOR TWO PARFAITS:
- 6 Maxine’s Chocolate Chunk cookies
- 1 ½ cups pudding
- Sliced strawberries
- To a saucepan add cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk well to break up any clumps. Next add maple syrup and almond milk. Whisk again to thoroughly combine.
- Place the mixture over medium/low heat and bring up to a simmer whisking constantly. Once bubbles start to appear, cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove pudding from heat and add vanilla, chocolate chips, and dairy free butter. Whisk in these add-ins.
- Place in a heat proof container and refrigerate until set. (Can be done the night before or three hours before consuming.)
- To the bottom of a glass add one broken up Maxine’s chocolate chunk cookie and a few berries.
- Next, fill in the pudding halfway up the glass. Add much more berries, another broken cookie and more pudding to fill it almost to the top.
- Top with the remaining cookie, extra berries, and fresh mint.
- Repeat with the second cup and the rest of the ingredients. These will keep fresh in the fridge for a few hours!
Enjoy your Valentine's Day!